If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Right after I graduated from university and went out on my own, I found a siple yet tasty recipe for chicken in white wine. It's basically chicken breasts browned, then simmered in white wine and garlic, and that's pretty much it. Now several year later, I have become a much more experienced cook, and have been dying to make a more sophisticated version of the dish. I let my imagination run wild, and just tested this new version tonight. I hope you all enjoy, and if you have any feedback, good or bad, please do share. I am a big girl with big shoulders and I can take it. —waterbabyandrea
Serves 2 people
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound thickly sliced mushrooms, (I used a mix of white button and crimini, but let your imagination run wild!
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In one skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. While it's heating, wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper. When skillet is hot, brown chicken on all sides.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tbsp of oil and butter in another skillet, and when hot, add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper. Saute until all the liquid has evaporated. Reduce heat and keep warm while chicken cooks.
- After chicken is thoroughly browned, add white wine, garlic cloves, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts, cover with foil and keep warm. increase heat, and bring liquid in the skillet to a rapid boil until reduce to about a third. Add the heavy cream, reduce heat, and continue to simmer until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice chicken breasts, add mushrooms and spoon sauce over the chicken and mushrooms and serve.
- I like this served with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus, but serve with whatever starch and veg floats your boat.