If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from my boyfriend's mother, Isabelle. I originally asked for her spiced wine recipe for this contest, which I tried last Christmas, ladled from a pot heated over the wood-burning fireplace in their family room. She told me that she didn't really have a written recipe for her spiced wine; it was just a little of this and a little of that, but offered me her Cognac Punch instead. Since she comes from Cognac, it feels extra authentic. This punch would be great for any holiday party, because it looks and tastes so festive! —Cristina Sciarra
Makes a sizable punchbowl
- 4 lemons
- 3 tablespoons Cognac
- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 bottles dry white wine
- 1 bottle Champagne, or other dry sparkling wine
- The day or night before the party, cut 3 of the lemons into slices. In a mortar and pestle, rough them up with the Cognac and the sugar. Cover with plastic, and refrigerate, at least 4 hours.
- In a punch bowl, pour in the sugar/Cognac mixture; discard the lemon slices. Pour in all the white wine, and stir to incorporate. Slice the remaining lemon, and let them float at the top of the punch bowl.
- Right before serving, pour in the Champagne. Give it a quick stir to mix, and voila!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch
More Great Recipes: