Author Notes: Far from the usual, this warm punch is made with pear nectar, red wine, and honey that's steeped with star anise and dried hibiscus blossoms. Star anise, gives it a licorice-like flavor. —Kukla
• 1cup dried hibiscus blossoms
• 4 cups pear nectar
• 2 cups red wine
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 cup star anise
• 1/3 cup honey
• star anise, fresh pear wedges, if desired
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over 1/2 cup dried hibiscus blossoms (Jamaica) and let steep 5 minutes. Meanwhile, warm 4 cups pear nectar, 2 cups red wine, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 2 star anise over low heat.
- Strain hibiscus infusion into a large pitcher, add pear nectar mixture, and stir in 1/3 cup honey. Serve warm in mugs. Garnish each serving with a whole star anise and fresh pear wedges if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch