Author Notes: View the blog post at Spork Me —sporkme
can of black beans
teaspoon chili powder
cup Harina P.A.N.
cups warm milk
cup grated cheese (cheddar or parmesan work well)
Olive oil, salt and pepper
In This Recipe
- Cook black beans on medium for 15 minutes, and preheat oven to 200C / 375F.
- Mix Harina P.A.N., 1 1/4 cups milk, and cheese. Season with salt and let sit while you get a pan hot.
- Melt butter in the pan, and form 1/2 inch thick, 3 inch wide rounds of the dough.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on each side until golden, and then move to a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes before slicing into it to make a pita.
- Mix up the eggs, chili, and remaining milk. Season and scramble in a pan on medium with a dash of olive oil so they don't stick.
- Serve the black beans and eggs in the arepa.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II