can of black beans
teaspoon chili powder
cup Harina P.A.N.
cups warm milk
cup grated cheese (cheddar or parmesan work well)
Olive oil, salt and pepper
In This Recipe
- Cook black beans on medium for 15 minutes, and preheat oven to 200C / 375F.
- Mix Harina P.A.N., 1 1/4 cups milk, and cheese. Season with salt and let sit while you get a pan hot.
- Melt butter in the pan, and form 1/2 inch thick, 3 inch wide rounds of the dough.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on each side until golden, and then move to a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes before slicing into it to make a pita.
- Mix up the eggs, chili, and remaining milk. Season and scramble in a pan on medium with a dash of olive oil so they don't stick.
- Serve the black beans and eggs in the arepa.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II