If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm not even sure this counts as marinara, I just know that batches of it disappear quickly. —bethshax
- 8 cups crushed tomatoes, or two large cans
- 2 white onions
- 1/2 head of garlic
- 4 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup vodka
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 6 hot turkey sausage links
- 1-2 splashes olive oil
- heat olive oil in large pot over medium/high heat and when hot add onions and garlic to soften. when soft add decased turkey sausage and red pepper flakes and stir to combine and brown turkey. let cook until turkey is cooked, but not crumbly
- add tomatoes and vodka and cook over medium heat with a slightly vented cover, enough to let alcohol cook out, not so much that the sauce gets watery.
- taste and add salt, pepper and more flakes to desired heat. we like it very hot.
- remove from heat and use immersion blender until sauce is smooth. let cool so the sauce flavors marry, then reheat and use. the last step is essential - sauce tastes better if you let flavors cool and marry and the heat and use.