If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the combination of spiced, sweetend red wine and tart cranberries. I like the fact that you can make it ahead of time as well —Kitchen Butterfly
Red wine ( I used a young, fruity wine)
(Light brown) sugar
Vanilla pod, seeds scraped out and pod reserved
Whole black peppercorns
from 1/2 an orange in thick strips
whole (frozen) cranberries
Juice from 1/2 an orange
- Make mulled wine syrup by mixing all the ingredients except the cranberries in a saucepan. Heat on low-medium and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes. Then remove all the spices (cloves, cinnamon, vanilla pods, orange rind)
- Add cranberries to the mulled wine mixture and let simmer in a closed pan till the cranberries burst and soften (7-8 minutes or longer)
- When the cranberries are burst and have softened, take off the heat and pour in the orange juice. Stir well to combine and pot in clean (sterilised) jars. Makes about 1/2 a cup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce