If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an Indian inspired Spicy Couscous that's super easy and flavorful.I've kept it simple yet elegant at the same time, sort of "East meets West". The sweetness of the cranberries with the raisins and the spicy chillies tickles your tastebuds and the slivered almonds adds the crunch.Great for this Holiday season. —Soni's Food
- 2 cups Couscous
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Green Chillies(Jalapenos)chopped
- 1 teaspoon Black Mustard seeds
- 3 Curry Leaves(available in Indian stores)
- 1 cup Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Slivered Almonds for Garnish
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Boil 2 cups of water with some salt.Once it starts boiling add 2 cups of couscous.Turn off the heat and cover the pan.Leave it for 2 minutes.Your couscous is cooked.Gently stir it with a fork.Keep aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves (pic above).Once it splutters add the onions and green chillies. Saute until onions are light brown.Mix into the couscous along with cranberries and raisins.Garnish with slivered almonds.Your couscous is ready!