If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from a recipe for "Spiced Greens" in _Scottish Traditional Recipes_. —Lauren Hairston
- 1/2 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, ribs and seeds removed, julienned
- 1/2 head of cabbage, cored and shredded
- In a large skillet (one with a lid), heat the walnut oil over medium heat. Stir in the ginger and garlic and keep stirring. When oil starts sizzling, add the leek and chili pepper and sauté until leek is softened.
- Stir in the shredded cabbage, cover skillet and cook around 6 minutes or until cabbage is softened but still a bit crisp, stirring halfway through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.