If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At this time of the year, I love making hearty chunky soups. I find them very satisfying and nutritious for the whole family.I had a can of White Beans sitting in my kitchen pantry for sometime.White Bean and Escarole Soup came to mind. Asked DH to get me some Escarole from the shops and he came back with Kale instead!
Well I had to use it, so I went ahead with it although I'd never had Kale with White Bean soup before.I added some carrots and sweet peas to balance the bitterness of the Kale.I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be quite aperitive!One of the favorites on my list now.
The Kale does not taste bitter at all and blends beautifully into the rest of the ingredients.The peas and beans add just the right texture and the carrot adds nice color to the soup.Its a perfect weekday or weekend lunch.This one is surely for keeps! —Soni's Food
- 1 bunch Kale chopped (discard tough stems)
- 15 ounces Can of White Beans
- 1 Large Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Peas
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Water, Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- In a pot heat oil and add the onions. Saute for a bit and add the garlic.Throw in all the vegetables and Beans.Add the broth or water, salt, pepper.Bring it to boil on high.Cover and cook on medium for about 20 mins until all the vegetables are cooked.Serve hot with a crusty bread.