If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my take on jalapeno wonton poppers, the recipe you see all over the internet where cheese is combined with jalapeno peppers, wrapped in a wonton wrapper, fried and dipped in a sauce. I put the sauce right in and form into a mini egg roll making for a nice little sweet and spicy bite (or two). —inpatskitchen
Makes: 20 to 25 sweet hots
ounces softened cream cheese
tablespoons sweet chili sauce
teaspoon granulated sugar
large jalapeno pepper, seeded and very finely diced
20 to 25
square wonton wrappers
Vegetable oil for pan frying
- Thoroughly combine the cream cheese, chili sauce, sugar and diced jalapeno.
- Place a wonton wrapper in front of you with a pointed end facing you. Place a teaspoon of the filling on the bottom third of the wrapper.
- With clean hands, wet the edges of the wrapper with a little water. Fold that bottom corner over the filling, fold in the sides. The wrapper will look like a tiny envelope. Roll from the bottom away from you, forming a little egg roll. Make sure all edges are well sealed. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a medium frying pan to go up about an inch. Place a few of the rolls in the oil and fry about 20 to 30 seconds on each side until golden. Don't overcrowd the pan. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack