Author Notes: Using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, I created a delicious recipe that's easy and healthy. —Carolyn L.
pieces leftover turkey (mostly white, some dark meat), cut into 3 inch pieces
tablespoon Olive Oil
cup Vegetable Broth (important that it has no tomatoes in ingredients)
cup Gayle's (or your favorite) BBQ Sauce
Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas (Fajita Size)
handfuls shredded lettuce
In This Recipe
- Heat medium-sized saute pan over medium heat. When warmed, add olive oil.
- Add shallots to pan and saute until they start to brown.
- Add the turkey and push around in pan for a few minutes until warmed.
- Add vegetable broth. This will deglaze the pan too.
- Once all the broth is absorbed into the turkey, add the barbecue sauce.
- Take the pieces out of the pan and pull apart with a fork, if not already broken up.
- Warm tortillas in a separate nonstick pan. Add shredded lettuce as base, and then the shredded barbecue turkey.