Author Notes: Using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, I created a delicious recipe that's easy and healthy. —Carolyn L.
- 4-6 pieces leftover turkey (mostly white, some dark meat), cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth (important that it has no tomatoes in ingredients)
- 1/4 cup Gayle's (or your favorite) BBQ Sauce
- 4 Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas (Fajita Size)
- 4 handfuls shredded lettuce
- Heat medium-sized saute pan over medium heat. When warmed, add olive oil.
- Add shallots to pan and saute until they start to brown.
- Add the turkey and push around in pan for a few minutes until warmed.
- Add vegetable broth. This will deglaze the pan too.
- Once all the broth is absorbed into the turkey, add the barbecue sauce.
- Take the pieces out of the pan and pull apart with a fork, if not already broken up.
- Warm tortillas in a separate nonstick pan. Add shredded lettuce as base, and then the shredded barbecue turkey.