If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My newest craze now-a-days are Sweet Potatoes.So rich in texture, taste and a nicer and healthier alternative to Potatoes.Packed with nutrition, rich in fiber, vitamins and beta carotene, this is a wonder vegetable that you can incorporate into your family's diet. Its a versatile vegetable, that can be used in many different ways right from cutlets,to a simple mash, casseroles or desserts.
I had originally planned to make a sweet potato mash for dinner.The idea of making these into cutlets popped in when I had peeled them up and I instantly changed my plan.I opened up my spice cabinet and threw in some coriander and cumin to give it a kick.The result is a luscious, vibrant, delicious and a healthy appetizer or snack that you can feel good about eating.
The ginger blends in with the sweet potato, the spices and the chillies tickle the taste buds, the kasoori methi(dried fenugreek leaves-easily available in Indian stores) adds an earthy flavor and the corn starch works as a binder.I have been making it ever since and I'm sure you will too, once you've tried it.
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes and 1 medium sized potato (boiled)
- 1 inch Ginger crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Dried fenugreek leaves(kasoori methi-easily available in Indian stores)
- 1 tablespoon Salt(or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Chaat masala(optional)
- 4 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Green Chillies(jalapenos)chopped
- Wash the Sweet potatoes and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 50 mins- 1 hour until cooked. Take it out, peel off the skin, mash it and mix all the ingredients.Take some of the mix and flatten it between your hands, into round shaped patties. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.Shallow fry by gently turning them until nicely brown on both sides.Sprinkle chaat masala(optional) over the cutlets.Serve hot! Notes: If you're not able to find kasoori methi, don't fret.Just skip it, its still delicious! (On second thoughts you can use thyme as an option, but I haven't tried it yet.If you do, please let me know how it turned out) For best results refrigerate the mix for about 20 minutes before you fry them.
- You can also make this recipe with regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes.Use chopped coriander instead of kasoori methi.