This is a nice salad for Christmas time because it is all red and green, but also it is nice for a time of year, when you don't find the tomatoes are as good in the supermarket. —SandyLaFleur
- Serves 6
Box of spring greens, with arugula and mache
shelled unsalted pistacio nuts
sea salt, or salt to taste
favorite salad oil, like light olive
of a fresh lime
In This Recipe
- Put the greens in a salad bowl, sprinkle them with the dried cranberries. Then pour the fresh raspberries on top. Sprinkle the top with the pistacio nuts.
- Make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a mini processor, in the order they are listed, adding the oil last thru the hole in the top and whirrring. When it is time to eat, pour your desired amount of dressing over the top of the salad, and sprinkle with the squeeze of lime for aromatics.
- Present this on the table with the raspberries on top, and toss when the serving begins.
- In a hurry? or travelling to a party? I used Cindy's raspberry vinaigrette, and it was just fine. And just expensive. Don't want to pay a lot for raspberry vinegar? Try adding raspberry jam to plain vinegar, my house vinegar is white balsamic, I have done this in a pinch and it was Just Fine.
- Quite frankly, I never touch the stuff, but I think a lot of people would like their goat cheese dropped on top of this salad. In case people are allergic, or vegans, just put the cheese on the side.