If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple and delicious granola recipe. I searched for a ton of various granola recipes and just adapted all the most basic ingredients in all of them. I am also a sucker for coconut oil in baking so any recipe that calls for any type of vegetable oil gets coconut oil. It makes all the difference. —Dynamite with a Laserbeam
Makes 16 cups
- 10 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Spray 2 cookie pans with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix oats and almonds.
- In a saucepan, heat brown sugar, oil, honey and water over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until brown sugar is melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour over oats and almond mixture; stir until well coated. Spread mixture evenly in pans.
- Bake 1 hour until golden brown (oven times vary), gently mixing granola halfway through baking. Cool completely in pans, about 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store in a tightly covered container.