If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These here are easy,perfect for parties and just damn good. This dumpling combines the concept of Southern BBQ with Asian flavors and presentation. These dont need a dipping sauce they got enough flavor in them though I sometimes serve them with a simple Asian slaw. These can be formed way ahead of time and cook quickly before serving. —Easy13
- 3 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 3 tablespoons Hoison Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 12 Dumping Wrapers (available @ Asian markets)
- Any neutral oil for frying
- - Add sesame oil and garlic to pan and saute garlic over medium heat (2 min). Add the shredded chicken, hoison, sriracha and vinegar, mix all ingredients to combine flavors and heat up. Once hot, set aside in a bowl to cool (10 min)
- - To Make Dumpling - Fill a small cup with some water, put a dumpling wrapper on your work surface, place a heaping teaspoon of your filling into the center of the wrapper. Dip your finger into the cup of water and wet the entire rim of the wrapper. bring the bottom of the wrapper to the top forming a half circle shape, press sides together. Starting from the left, make little 1/4 inch folds spacing each fold an equal amount til you reach the right side, the dumpling should plump in the center, press folds tightly together, repeat till all dumplings are formed
- - Heat 2 tbsp of oil into pan on medium heat, add six dumplings to pan and brown on all sides til crispy, when browned add a small amount of water to pan (about a shot glass worth), cover for 20 seconds. Remove dumplings from pan and place on serving plate. Wipe pan clean and repeat.