If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We really like to entertain and this is a hit. It's easy and yummy. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
Food52 Review: A delicious topping on my all-time favorite cracker. The salty/sweet combo with a little kick from the Gorgonzola is a bite-size explosion of flavor that will be a definite winter appetizer staple. I might roast the pear next time. —foodfanatic
cup grated Parmesan cheese
ounces crumbled gorgonzola
Bosc pear finely cubed
teaspoon finely chopped sage
scallion thinly sliced for garnish
- For Parmesan Crackers Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 12 one-inch circles of grated Parmesan cheese on a sheet pan. Sometimes the cheese spreads so leave enough room. The discs should be approximately an eight of an inch high.
- Bake crackers for about 10 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- When done quickly remove the crackers from the sheet pan with a spatula. Cool on a rack. If the crackers start to stick put them back in the oven to warm a bit. The good news about these crackers is that they can be made in advance and stored in an air tight container.
- Candied Walnuts Place sugar and walnuts in saute pan.
- On medium heat cook until the sugar becomes a syrup and coats the walnuts. Continue cooking until the sugar is golden brown.
- Gorgonzola Cheese Mixture Place gorgonzola, diced pears, crumbled candied walnuts, sage in medium bowl. Toss.
- Place crackers on a serving dish. Place heaping tablespoon of mixture on crackers. Sprinkle with scallions. Serve
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage