If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Today I am sharing a recipe for an Egg Salad, which is made with butter instead of Mayonnaise, walnuts, sage and a Hot Pepper Relish “Adzhika”. This relish is easy to make or buy in specialty delis, but I used Chipotle in Adobo sauce, the Mexican condiment, which I fine, has almost the same taste. I also added lime zest and juice to brighten the taste.
Adapted and adjusted to my taste from Delicious Georgian Cuisine website. —Kukla
Food52 Review: This recipe could be called Revelation Egg Salad. I grew up on egg salad made with Miracle Whip. For the past several years our mily recipe has been Mark Peel and Nancy Silverton's version from their Cooking At Home. Their version is also mayo based. This one relies on different flavors, with butter, lime and hot pepper. It's radical and delicious. —luvcookbooks
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- • 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cooled
- • 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- • 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, finely grind
- • 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- • 6-8 fresh sage leaves, julienned
- • Zest of 1 lime + 2 teaspoons juice
- • 2 teaspoons Adzhika or Chipotle in Adobo sauce
- Finely mash the eggs with butter; stir in walnuts, garlic, sage, zest and lime juice and the Adzhika or Chipotle in Adobo sauce. Mix well until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Turn out onto a serving dish and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be made 1 day ahead. Serve with oven baked pita or any chips of your choice or with good fresh crusty bread.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage