If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe combines seafood and wild rice to create a wholesome, flavorful, and filling one-dish meal. The Omega-3s in the seafood and wild rice smooth and soften the skin. For a variation, try adding chicken and sausage to your favorite seafood. —FoodTrients
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 dash salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place the rice in a bowl, cover with water, and soak overnight.
- Combine the chicken broth and rice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook covered over low heat until all liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 2 Tbs. of the olive oil. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbs. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bay leaves, carrot, celery, broccoli, and peppers and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the seafood and cook for 10–12 minutes. Turn the seafood at least once during cooking. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the rice to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.