Author Notes: If Asian pears can not be found, substitute a apple, preferably a sweet variety. —ChefDJen
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small head fennel
- 1 Asian pear
- 1/4 pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl whisk together the vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar and a bit of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the fennel and Asian pear very thin (a mandolin works very well for this)
- Add the sliced fennel, Asian pear, pecans and cherries to the bowl with the dressing. Stir to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad