If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We took the kids to dinner one night at La Casa Bianca in Whitehouse Station, NJ. I had a marsala chicken with mascarpone and dried cherries over fettuccine and felt I needed to make this at home to enjoy on a regular basis. I made this on a whim and did not have marsala wine or mascarpone so I used madeira and cream cheese. —homemadecravings
- 1 pound Fettuccine
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 Egg (mix with few TBSp water for egg wash)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 8 ounces Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 cup Madeira or Marsala Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Dried Cherries
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook fettuccine according to package directions and drain. Heat canola oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each chicken piece first in flour, then egg wash and in flour a second time. Gently place in hot oil. Repeat with all chicken, don't over crowd - work in shifts if needed. Brown chicken on both sides until golden and crisp. Move browned chicken to baking dish, place in oven and bake until cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
- Pour off oil from pan and wipe clean. Add butter and melt over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms, cook stirring until soft and slightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Add wine, turn heat up to high and reduce by half.Add chicken broth, cook on high 5 minutes, add cream and cream cheese, stirring until melted and smooth, add dried cherries.
- Return chicken pieces to sauce, turning to coat. Pour sauce and chicken over cooked pasta.