Author Notes: I love squid any which way...fried, grilled, stewed...it's the perfect palette for all kinds of flavors. This time I did Asian.Quick and easy!!! —inpatskitchen
Makes: 2 appetizers
squid steaks (thawed if frozen)
cup sweet chili sauce
tablespoons soy sauce
Juice of one and a half limes
teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
teaspoon granulated garlic
Lime wedges for serving
A sprinkle of salt for serving
- Make the marinade by combining the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Reserve about 6 tablespoons for dipping.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the squid steaks and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill which has been brushed with a little oil until almost smoking. Grill the squid for no more than 2 or 3 minutes per side. Remove, slice and serve sprinkled with a little salt, the lime wedges and reserved marinade as a dipping sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe