If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love squid any which way...fried, grilled, stewed...it's the perfect palette for all kinds of flavors. This time I did Asian.Quick and easy!!! —inpatskitchen
Makes 2 appetizers
- 2 squid steaks (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of one and a half limes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Lime wedges for serving
- A sprinkle of salt for serving
- Make the marinade by combining the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Reserve about 6 tablespoons for dipping.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the squid steaks and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill which has been brushed with a little oil until almost smoking. Grill the squid for no more than 2 or 3 minutes per side. Remove, slice and serve sprinkled with a little salt, the lime wedges and reserved marinade as a dipping sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe