If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s been over a year since I stopped eating meat (!!!) and I really don’t miss it much. But sometimes I’ll start to daydream a bit about a juicy blue-cheese stuffed burger from Blanc on the Plaza or a pulled pork sammie from Oklahoma Joe’s slathered in BBQ sauce. I mean, this is Kansas City after all.
Enter the BBQ Veggie Burger Salad. A generous portion of spinach (it’s a super-food, right?), a veggie burger (mine was Amy’s All-American style), thinly sliced red onions, grape tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles (YES BLUE CHEESE CRUMBLES!) and a drizzle of BBQ sauce. It's delicious. And less than 350 calories. —Shea
- 1 veggie burger (I like Amy's All-American or Gardein)
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 5-6 grape tomatoes, quartered
- sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (or more, I won't judge)
- 2-3 tablespoons BBQ sauce of your choice
- Heat the veggie burger according to the instructions on the package. Slice up the veggie burger and it to the spinach. Top the salad with tomatoes, onions, cheese and BBQ sauce. Toss and enjoy. It’s like a smoky sweet party in your mouth.