If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love salads like this one in the winter. Feel free to substitute a blood orange or pink grapefruit for the Cara Cara orange, if you like. —WinnieAb
Makes 1 salad
- 1 gallon medium garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- generous pinch of raw sugar
- fresh salad greens- enough to cover your plate (I used baby winter lettuces from my garden)
- 1 Cara Cara orange, peel and all pith removed with a sharp knife, and sliced cross-wise
- 1/2 medium Chiogga beet, peeled and sliced paper thin on a mandoline
- small handful of minced cilantro (or substitute parsley)
- crumbled goat cheese (or substitute feta)
- generous pinch of crushed red pepper- optional
- Mix dressing in a small bowl and set aside while you make the salad.
- Make the salad by layering the greens, then the orange slices, then the beet slices, then the minced cilantro, then the goat cheese. Sprinkle on the red pepper flakes, if using.
- Spoon the dressing evenly over the top of the salad and dig in immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe