- Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Snowball cookies are those melt-in-your-mouth, vaguely nutty cookies that are at every single holiday cookie exchange. You don't know where they came from or who made them, but they're ALWAYS there. I can't leave a cookie alone, so here's my delightfully lemony tart version —JessicaBakes
unsalted butter, room temp
confectioners' sugar, plus more for rolling
1 1/2 teaspoons
freshly grated nutmeg
finely chopped pecans...and I mean FINELY chopped!
2 1/4 cups
- Mix the flour, pecans, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl until well combined
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and 1/2 cup of the confectioners' sugar until light, smooth and creamy. Add in the vanilla and lemon zest and mix until smooth.
- Gently mix or fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Your dough may seem a little dry, but leave it for now.
- Roll the cookies to be about a tablespoon. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sift 1/3-1/2 cup confectioners sugar into a small bowl. Once the cookies are cool enough to handle, roll them one at a time in your bowl of sugar.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled, roll them one last time in your confectioners sugar so they have a snowy exterior. Enjoy!