If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a tried and true recipe that used to be a specialty in my former restaurant "Strawberry Fields". A delicious start or finish to your day and a perfect brunch item. —Mandy Cox
For the French Toast
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1/3 cup Amaretto Syrup
- 3 teaspoons Cardamom
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Amaretto Liquor
- 1 Loaf of Cinnamon Bread
- 1/2 cup Butter for Skillet
Blood Orange / Cardamom Syrup
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 Blood Oranges
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/2 cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- Marscapone Cheese
- Melt Butter for syrup in a metal saucepan. Juice three Blood Oranges and Slice the other two into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add Blood Orange Juice, Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar and Cardamon to melted Butter. Then add Blood orange slices once de-seeded to the simmering syrup. Allow syrup to simmer while you cook your french toast but be careful not to burn.
- Preheat your skillet to about 350 degrees.
- Add Eggs, Half and Half, Amaretto Syrup, Amaretto Liquor, and Cardamom to a shallow bowl and incorporate all ingredients together.
- Add butter to hot skillet and dredge your bread making sure to get it good and soaked then cook bread until firm and golden brown.
- Serve Hot French Toast by topping with a dollop of Marscapone Cheese, Mascerated Blood Orange Slices and the warm syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe