If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After a long day of fishing in the Pacific, we found ourselves in our back yard which we share with two large avocado and a small Meyer lemon trees. Fruit trees + fresh sushi grade fish inspired this simple and delicious recipe. We have tried this with salmon, and halibut -- they both work really well!
- 1 teaspoon Anatto Peppers
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 small chili pepper
Tuna Meyer Lemon, Avocado Salad
- 1 pound Sushi Grade Ahi
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Meyer Lemon
- 2 smal Avocados
- 1 teaspoon finely grated Garlic
- 1 bunch Cilantro- cleanded and picked
- 2 cups Baby Greens
- 1/2 + teaspoons Sea Salt
- Heat olive oil, and peppers just to smoke point, take off of heat, and let cool. Strain peppers and put oil to the side.
- Slice Tuna into 1 inch pieces. Using only 1/8 cup of chili oil, drizzle evenly over tuna. Evenly drizzle Soy over tuna/oil. Use fingers to make sure the oil/soy evenly coats the fish. Let Rest. Meanwhile, Zest and Juice the Meyer lemon. Cube the Avocado into 1/4 inch cubes. Coat cubes with 1 T of the lemon juice. Add Garlic, and mix (be sure not to over mix so that Avocado cubes hold their shape, and do not become mush). Put to the side. Return to tuna, cut into cubed pieces proportionate to the avocado pieces. Add tuna, lemon zest, 1/8 cup of remaining oil, and salt to Avocado mixture. Stir until well mixed (still being sure not to smush the avocados!!). Adjust Salt to taste. Divide Baby greens onto 4 plated. Top with Tuna/Avocado/Lemon Tartar. Mix together remaining Lemon juice and Oil. Drizzle evenly over plates. Top with picked Cilantro. Enjoy.