Author Notes: A great cold, crunchy Fall salad. —NWB
Bulb of fennel
Stalks of celery
tablespoon dijon mustard
tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Juice of 1/2 lemon
In This Recipe
- Wash and trim fennel and celery.
- Using a mandolin (very carefully) shave fennel and celery into salad bowl.
- Set aside and make vinaigrette.
- In a small jar or bowl combine mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. If using a jar pour in oil and shake vigorously until well combined. If using a bowl pour in oil and using a fork whisk until well combined. Add dressing to fennel and celery. Coat the vegetables with dressing. Using a vegetable peeler shave strips of Parmesan cheese over the salad to taste. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad