If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chocoholics welcome! This is a scrumptious, chocolatey, nutty, and yes, healthy, bowl of oats that will start your day off right leaving you full for hours. Hearty oats, raw cacao, nuts, and chia seeds create a nutrient packed breakfast that feels more like a decadent desert. Caution: Eating such a delicious breakfast may make you abnormally sweet for the day :)
A note on this recipe: don't need to worry too much about measurements here. If you want your oatmeal more wet, add more milk. For a drier oatmeal, add more oats. Same for the cacao - add as much as you want. Try it a few times to see what your perfect combo is. —CookingConSal
- 1/2 cup vanilla flavored almond milk
- several dashes cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- nuts of your choice - I like walnuts and almonds
- Heat the milk on high with several dashes of cinnamon in a small saucepan several minutes until steaming. Once steaming, turn the heat off and stir in the nut butter.
- In your breakfast bowl, pour in the oats, chia seeds, and cacao. Top with the milk mixture and stir. Add banana and nuts and serve.