If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Steamed veggie dumplings- a light appetizer that tastes delicious and it super healthy. You need a steamer for this recipe but for those who do not have a steamer and don't want to invest in it- you can make a home made steamer which might not be as effective as a REAL steamer but will do the job. Fill a big pot with 2 glasses of water and place a colander on top. Cover the colander with the lid of the pot and walla the home made steamer is ready!! You can line the surface of the colander with some lettuce or cabbage leaves before steaming the dumpling so that it doesn't stick to the colander —Pallavi Gupta
- 1/2 cabbage
- 1 carrot finely grated
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- wonton wrappers
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- a dash or two of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- In a pan heat oil and add the green onions and saute for about 1 min.
- Add the ginger root and chilly and mix for another min, then add the cabbage and carrot and salt and cook till the veggies are cooked through- approx 4 min.
- Add the soy sauce and black pepper to the mixture and sprinkle the cornstarch so that the mixture starts sticking together- the stuffing mixture is ready.
- Taste it at this point and adjust salt or soy sauce as per your taste.
- Stuff the filling in the wrappers (pls. see at the back of the package for directions on folding the wrapper) and steam for about 8 min or till the wrapper turns transparent.
- Serve the dumplings with a soy sauce, sambal sauce and brown sugar mixture and Enjoy!!