If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have fond memories of my Mother making this dish when I was growing up. This is the ultimate comfort food for me on a cold winter day. It is also a nice dish for company because the stew can be prepared a few days in advance. —Brunella
- 4 pounds Veal Shoulder Round Bone trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Trim veal removing round bone and fat. Cut veal into 2 inch pieces. Season meat with salt and pepper. In two additions, dredge veal in flour and saute in a large dutch oven with 2 T Olive oil until lightly browned. Remove meat from pan.
- Add 2 T olive oil to same pan and saute onion, carrot, celery and garlic for about 10 minutes or until onions are soft. Add meat back to pan and add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and wine. Bring to a slow boil for about 5 minutes. Cover Dutch oven and place in a 300 degree preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- The stew can be made 2 days in advance. Refrigerate until ready to use and bring back to a simmer on the stove
Pappardelle with Petite Peas
- 1 pound Pappardelle Pasta fresh or dried
- 1 pound Frozen Petite Peas
- 1 Shallot Minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Parmigano Reggiano
- 2 slices of bacon chopped or 1/4 diced pancetta
- Add butter and olive oil to saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and bacon or pancetta to pan and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add frozen petite peas with 2 T of water and cover. Cook over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes until peas are just cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Cook pappardella according to directions. Place pappardelle in large pan and add 2 cups of the veal sauce and stir. Place pappardelle in each bowl and top with veal and peas. Sprinkle with parmigano reggiano and serve.