If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegan guacamole is mild and loaded with healthy cholesterol-lowering fats (no mayo here!) You can make as large or as small a batch as you wish. —Crafty Fork
Makes ~ 2 cups
- 2-4 ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and finely diced
- 1 lime
- salt to taste
- Start with ripe, not-too-soft avocados. Remove skin and pits from avocados and place in medium-sized bowl. Reserve a pit or two for later – it is said that leaving the pit in the guacamole will preserve freshness and keep the mash from oxidizing and going brown.
- Add garlic and juice of half of lime to avocado (or whole lime if you are using 4 avocados). Mash well.
- Serve immediately, or place reserved pit(s) in bowl an refrigerate, covered (plastic wrap touching the surface of the guacamole), and use within 24 hours.
- see more thorough instructions at http://craftyfork.com/2012/01/15/guacamole/