If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Rice Krispies Treats are all grown up. Sweet, crunchy, and slightly chewy--just like the ones you ate as a kid, but these treats are savory too with a surprising kick.
For road trips I make these in a 9×9-inch pan and cut them into 3-inch square monster treats. For cocktail parties I use a 9×13-inch pan to create bite-sized squares that are perfect companions for a glass of bubbly. Want to glam them up a bit? Try drizzling the squares with melted white chocolate.
(Inspired by the Curried Rice Krispies Squares Chef Justin Large used to make for The Violet Hour in Chicago.) —Bob Vivant
Makes 9-10 dozen
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder (yellow curry)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 10-ounce bag marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of coconut oil over low heat. Add curry, salt, and marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, coconut, cashews, and rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using lightly oiled hands or waxed paper evenly press the mixture into the prepared pan. Let cool at room temperature.
- Cut into 1-inch squares and serve.