If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fritters are one of the pillars of New Zealand cooking. Traditional varieties include corn and whitebait fritters (you can use this batter for any variety you choose). They are so easy and so delicious. —lizzieshupak
Makes about 10 fritters
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomatos
- 2 tablespoons soft cheese like brie or camembert
- Pinch salt
- Some fresh-ground pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons neutral oil
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. The order doesn't matter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until it shimmers.
- Use one tablespoon of mixture per fritter. Fry both sides, pressing down on them with a spatula to make them flat and round (and also to cook faster.)
- Fritters are cooked when the spring back when pressed.