If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first made this sandwich in order to use up the random food left in my refrigerator before going out of town. It turned out to be wonderful, the flavors all working together to create a delicious (and messy) sandwich, and I've made it time and time again. —falkofske
Makes one sandwich
- 1 everything bagel
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 green bell pepper, deseeded and julienned
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook until they begin to brown.
- Add bell pepper and cook for five more minutes.
- Reserve cooked onions and bell pepper in a bowl.
- Toast bagel while you cook the egg over easy. Salt and pepper the egg. (I usually just cook the egg in the same pan as the onions and pepper, using the remnants of the olive oil.)
- Sprinkle feta on bagel, top with peppers and onion, and then egg.
- I usually press down on the bagel to get the yolk running throughout the sandwich, but do whatever feels right to you!