If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is always a crowd favorite. Great to make ahead as the flavors just get better with time. I love to serve this with a bunch of topping so everyone can make their own creation! Our favorite toppings are tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado, and chopped cilantro. Delicious! xo. MyGreenDiet.com —MyGreenDiet.com
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 package taco seasoning (or 1 tablespoon)
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 quart vegetable broth or water
- Sauté jalapeño, onion, and garlic in a large pot over medium heat. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add seasoning and rice. Stir together. Add canned ingredients, broth and salsa. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 45 -60 minutes. Serve with avocado, green onion, cilantro, and corn chips. Serves 4-6.
- This stores well in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze in individual portions for up to 3 months.