Author Notes: Born out leftovers I had in the fridge and a love for sweet potatoes. —CindyRowland
Serves: 20 balls
cup mashed cooked sweet potato
cup cooked brown rice
cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
cup cottage cheese
tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sweet potato, rice, cheeses, wheat germ, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 45 – 60 seconds or until smooth and a ball starts to form.
- Roll sweet potato mixture into tablespoon-sized balls with your hands. Place balls on baking sheet and bake on the center rack of the oven for 15-17 minutes or until the bottoms are golden.
- Allow balls to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. Gently remove balls with thin metal spatula and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe