If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i call it australian chicken because i created it 30 years ago when we lived in sidney.i know the ingredients sound very pedestrian but it makes a wonderful sauce . this recipe also works well with double thick pork loin chops. i serve it over basmati rice. can easily be doubled. —koechin
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 skin- on bone- in chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup slivered toasted almonds and for garnish
- melt butter in heavy pan (i like using my cast iron and serve it right from the pan), sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper and brown in butter, skin side down til skin is very crispy, remove breast to a plate.
- add shallots and paprika to butter and saute til soft.
- whisk in flour and cook 1 minute then add wine and stock and bring to the boil until sauce thickens.
- remove pan from heat and when boiling stops stir in sour cream and add chicken (skin side up) and any accumulated juices back to sauce.
- cover pan tightly with double foil and bake at 350 degrees in middle of oven for one hour. garish with almonds before serving. a sprinkle of parsley is nice too.