If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve never baked them before. Until I’d seen a raspberry and white chocolate version online; I was tempted to use my last store cupboard cranberries for something different.
The recipe has taken a few attempts to perfect however- I added cardamom into the equation. My fiancé has always been a big fan of making and eating curries, and due to my sensitive IBS I have never been able to try cardamom in a dish. An English cook, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (who’s River Cottage programmes I adore) made a fragrant yummy cardamom cake, which conclusively triggered the train of thought to try it delicately in something sweeter.
These Blondies were the perfect solution, the cranberries are sharp and chewy and the chocolate is intense and rich in that chewy cookie cardamom base. In my heart of hearts though, I could not resist dribbling on more chocolate to mimic a brownie, but alas my conversion is to these is well underway.
Enjoy with a cup of strong coffee.
Unsalted melted butter
Dark brown sugar
teaspoon Vanilla extract
Cardamom (ground in a pestle and mortar)
Sorghum Flour (or regular plain)
teaspoon Xanthan Gum
teaspoon Baking Powder
handfuls Chopped Dried cranberries
Chopped good quality dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Grease a deep baking tray (square) with butter or flavourless oil.
- Melt the butter and wait till it is cool.
- Add in the sugar, vanilla extract and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Crack in the eggs one by one and fold them in slowly.
- Put the flours, cardamom, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking powder salt into a separate bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add the dry mixture bit by bit into the wet mixture- do not over mix- keep it gentle!
- Stir in the cranberries and chocolate pieces.
- Cook for 25 minutes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice