If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite winter salads! It makes use of the wonderful organic apples that are at the peak of their season right now, pairing them with healthy walnuts and fresh goat cheese! Choose whatever variety of apple floats your boat, or try substituting pomegranate seeds for the apple for another great variation! —The Domestic Diva
Serves 2 people
cups mixed baby greens
cup raw walnuts
tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
garlic clove, minced
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the walnuts in a pie dish in an even layer and toast in the oven for 4 minutes. Remove, allow to cool and then chop.
- To make the dressing, pour the balsamic vinegar into a bowl with the minced garlic. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the apples, walnuts and organic mixed greens into a salad bowl. Crumble the goat cheese on top (note: if you place the goat cheese in the freezer for a few minutes, it will make it easier to crumble).
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently until evenly distributed. Top with some freshly ground black pepper and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad