Author Notes: Sweet, spicy and chocolatey - an interesting little pudding that isn't the most beautiful thing but sure hit the spot.
cups low-fat milk
cup granulated sugar
tablespoons cocoa powder
vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
teaspoon cayenne pepper
cups cooked white rice
- Heat all ingredients except the rice in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stirring often, cook until bubbles start to form on the edges of the pan and the milk begins to steam.
- At that point, remove the cinnamon sticks and the vanilla bean pod.
- Then add the rice and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened, stirring often to avoid burning.
- Chill and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice