If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is fun alternative to your everyday quesadilla. My whole family loves it! —SouthernDuchess
Serves 4 +
- 4 Regular size flour tortillas
- 1 packet Rice-A-Roni (chicken flavored)
- 1 pound Lean hamburger or ground chuck, browned
- 2-4 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 1-4 cups Shredded cheddar cheese (sharp or mild)
- Cook Rice-A-Roni according to package directions. Mix crumbled ground beef/chuck with Rice-A-Roni. In large skillet, heat enough oil to cook flour tortillas to just crisp. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels. Blot each tortilla to remove excess oil.
- To assemble: Place one browned tortilla on your serving platter, spread Rice-A-Roni & meat mixture to completely cover tortilla, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese atop rice mixture and then top with another crisp tortilla. Divide into four pieces using your pizza cutter. Repeat with remaining two tortillas. (You can possibly feed more than four with this or omit beef to make a vegetarian dish.) Viola! Southern-style Quesadillas!