If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sauces transform any dish. But the creamiest, most tasty sauces are laden with fatty creams, oils and glutenous nightmares like flour or starch to thicken them. However, cashews make for an incredible base to cream sauces, be they savory or sweet, and are actually good for you. Packed with protein and good fats to keep you healthy, pour your cashew cream sauce on veggies or tofu, pastas or rice. Try it any which way and play with herbs and spice but for this easy recipe, go savory with fresh garlic and sage! —HealthyVoyager
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 3 hours up to overnight), drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegan chicken bullion cube
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 10-15 medium to large fresh sage leaves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute garlic in olive oil or butter over medium heat.
- Add in sage until well coated and remove from heat.
- In a blender, add in the cashews and 3/4 cups water, nutritional yeast and bullion cube and puree. If the sauce is thick enough, don’t add anymore water but if you want it thinner, add in the remaining water 1 tablespoon at a time until it’s the right thickness.
- Then add in the sauteed garlic and sage, blend and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over veggies, pasta, rice or meat substitute and enjoy!
More Great Recipes: Condiments