If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 3 to 4
tablespoons Walnuts (chopped)
tablespoons Pistachios (chopped)
- Rinse and soak dry figs in water. Rinsing will remove any dirt it might have and soaking will make them soft.
- Heat milk with sugar in medium saucepan and keep stirring in between. Do not leave it unattended, or else it will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Take 1/2 cup approx milk from the pan, and take figs (discard the water in which the figs were being soaked) in a food processor or blender. Make puree out of this.
- Add the fig puree to the hot milk. Keep stirring the till the milk actually reduces to half and has lots of creamy texture for about half an hour or more. It will need patience and ofcourse time to thicken the milk. Once you see the milk has reduced almost half the quantity then garnish it with pistachios and chopped walnuts.
- Variation- you can also add dates alongwith fig. You can adjust the sugar by adding more or less. I have used enough sugar as figs already have natural sugar. You can add evaporated milk to quicken the process.
- Serve it chilled.