If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe's inspiration came from Betty Crocker's Cookbook. I choose to use sliced spiced almonds along with cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. This is a great treat that is low carb. When I first made this recipe, I used Splenda, but for this version I decided to use real sugar. —chrissyb
Makes: 1 1/2 cup
tablespoon egg white
cup granulated sugar
teaspoons ground cinnamon
teaspoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
cups sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 300ºF.
- Coat almonds with egg white in a medium bowl until the almonds are evenly covered.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the almonds and stir until the almonds are completely covered with the spices, sugar and cocoa.
- Spread the almonds on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice