If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I learnt the recipe of this bread from a place known as Polynesian Cultural Center in Oahu. It was a center with different cultures and they had various activities related to those cultures and so when we visited Tahiti village, they were showing some demonstrations and there was this nice sweet bread recipe. Although, I did not attend the bread making session due to lack of time. I did get the recipe. I am not a big fan of coconut , but I do like this bread. Hope you too like it. —PistachioDoughnut
Serves 3 small loaves
cups Freshly grated coconut
teaspoons Baking powder
cup Sugar (you can use less if you want) originally it was 1.5 cups but it is a little extra for me.
1 to 1/2
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take coconut and baking powder and mix.
- Then take the sugar and water and mix it to the coconut mixture. Gradually, mixing add flour little by little and mix well.
- You can use extra flour if needed, I did used a little because it was too sticky. Knead dough. Little sticky is OK.
- Break dough into pieces of equal portions. You can make two loaves, I divided it into 3 small loaves. Once the loaves are shaped log-shaped, roll them in aluminum foil and place them in pre-heated oven for about 50 minutes or a little longer.
- Once they are done, remove and serve hot or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut