If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to make this a lot when I was at college and living on a budget. It brings together two of my must-have food yum yums - chilli and fish ! —leela18
can of sardines in brine or water
small clove of garlic, chopped
400g can of plum tomatoes
teaspoons chilli powder
teaspoon garam masala
tablespoons vegetable oil
Handful of fresh coriander
- Saute the onions and garlic in a pan with the oil until they turn golden.
- Now turn down the heat and add the chilli powder and garam masala.
- Stir until the spices are mixed well with the onions and form a thick consistency.
- Now add the sardines, breaking up the bigger pieces so the fish is thoroughly coated with the onion mix.
- Once this is done add the can of tomatoes.
- Turn up the heat slightly and let it simmer with a lid on for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove the lid, add the chopped coriander and stir through before serving. Best served with plain boiled rice and natural yoghurt on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe