If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fenugreek leaves are a very rich with iron. They are mostly available year- round in USA, but the actual season is winter when we find them in India. In this recipe I have Peas and Fenugreek leaves with a creamy sauce. —PistachioDoughnut
- 2 cups Peas
- 1 bunch Fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup Half and Half or Heavy cream
- 1 Medium chopped onion
- 1 Medium chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander -cumin powder
- 1.5 to 2 teaspoons Garam masala
- 1.5 teaspoons Red Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash and drain Fenugreek leaves and chop them. Keep aside. Blanch peas in some boiling water.
- Take oil in a pan on medium high heat, add cumin seeds and once they crackle add chopped ginger and chopped onions. once the onions are translucent add tomatoes.
- once the tomatoes are cooked a little while , add all the dry spices and salt.
- Add the chopped fenugreek leaves and saute for few minutes and add in peas.
- Let it cook for 5 to 6 minutes and then finally add heavy cream or half an half. Let it simmer for few minutes about 7 to 10 minutes. You can add a little water if you wish.
- Serve it with some hot breads or naan /paranthas.