If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a dinner my husband and I had at a small inn in Boone, NC. I've tried to recreate it here. The coconut adds a nice sweetness and the cayenne adds just a touch of heat. I prefer using panko bread crumbs for dredging the fish. The end result is lighter and crispier. —BoulderFoodie
- Spray olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 trout fillets, deboned
- salt and pepper to tasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking dish with olive oil.
- Place pecans and cayenne pepper in a food processor and process until nuts are finely chopped. Place pecan mix in a shallow bowl and stir in the bread crumbs and coconut.
- Add milk to a second shallow bowl.
- Dip fillets into milk and then into pecan mix to coat top of fillet.
- Place fillets skin side down into baking dish. Lightly salt and pepper each fillet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve immediately