If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wanna know where my sister Vicky has been for the past week and a half? Back home in Barcelona, on a “blog-business” trip. Yep, we figured we needed recent pictures to post and also to pick my mom’s brain for some more recipes. And I bet you anything I can guess what my mom had ready for them when they got back from the airport…some warm red lentil soup with cilantro.
—May I have that recipe
- 1 pound of red lentils
- 7 cups waters
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon
- salt to taste
- Rinse lentils in a colander, making sure to remove and sand of small stones.?
- In a large soup pot, boil lentils in salted water, until tender.?
- In the mean time, in a large skillet sauté cilantro and garlic in olive oil. Add to lentils.
- Add lemon and salt to taste and let simmer for about 20 minutes.?