If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple take on the traditional and festive candies ... with a little less conversation. —Kimber Brown
Makes 3 dozen candies
ounces Cream Cheese, softened
tablespoon Butter, softened
cups Confectioner's Sugar
drops Peppermint Extract
drops Raspberry Extract
drops Root Beer Extract
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, butter and confectioner’s sugar. Once fully mixed separate the sugar mixture into three equal parts and three separate mixing bowls.
- In the first bowl add 1 drop of peppermint extract and thoroughly mix well.
- In the second bowl add 1 drop of raspberry extract along with 2 to 5 drops of red food coloring to achieve that raspberry red color.
- In the third bowl add 1 drop of root beer extract along with 2 to 3 drops of red food coloring, 2 to 3 drops of yellow food coloring and 2 to 3 drops of green food coloring to achieve that root beer brown shade.
- Line your work surface with wax paper and give a light dusting to your surface and rolling pin with confectioners’ sugar. Individually roll out each flavor to about ¼ inch thick and let sit for about 5 minutes; this makes the mixture easier to work with.
- Using a small heart-shaped fondant cutter cut heart shapes in the sugar mixture but allow them to sit before removing the lithe shapes. Once you have repeated this process with the other two flavors transfer the little hearts to a confectioners’ sugar dusted wax paper and let harden for about 2 hours. Once the mints have harden – enjoy!